Your dinner may always be tasty, but those rich meals tend to give us a terrible heartburn and insomnia. Statistics shows that over 60% of American adults deal with gastroesophaegal reflux disease (GERD) within a year.
About 20-30% experience weekly symptoms. The market offers tons of solutions for indigestion, but chemicals never work, so just keep reading.
Indigestion gets worse if you tend to consume some foods and drinks. Indulging in a nice meal may be good for your taste buds, but your stomach shares a different story.
Experts at Jackson Siegelbaum Gastroenterology say that people with GERD should change their lifestyle and eating habits in order to feel better. They should also stay away from some products. Here are some of them:
- Tobacco and nicotine products
- Chewing gum and hard candy (you swallow more air, which causes belching and acid reflux)
- Late night snacking and eating before bedtime
- Tight clothes and bending over after meals
- Heavy meals (opt for several smaller meals)
- Obesity (obese have higher risk of developing GERD)
- Fatty/Fried foods
- Creamed vegetables or soup
- Fast food
- Citruses (orange, grapefruit)/Pineapple
- caffeinated soft drinks
- spicy/Acidic foods
- processed meat
This list may be too long for you, but trust me, it’s the best you can do for your body. If you can’t eliminate these products completely, at least try to limit their intake. Eat whole foods, fruits, and vegetables.
But, sometimes you just can’t stop the craving, and you eat that rich meal. You deal with acid reflux, and regret your poor food choices. Well, we have some good news for you. The golden milk can relieve your symptoms, and keep you fresh next morning.
Have your golden milk in the evening, and enjoy excellent results next morning
The golden milk is made from several common ingredients. You need some turmeric, coconut milk, honey and black pepper. The sweet and spicy milk enhances digestion, and relieves your symptoms.
Each of the ingredients is pretty strong, and their combination works more than magic.
We’ve listed some of the benefits provided by turmeric:
- relieves arthritis pain thanks to its anti-inflammatory effect
- cleanses the liver
- stimulates blood circulation and thins blood
- soothes the gastrointestinal tract and prevents ulcers
- relieves pain and treats fever
- prevents and treats some cancers
- relieves arthritis symptoms
- strengthens brain and heart
Coconut milk is an excellent source of healthy fat. It coats the esophagus, and relieves any pain and discomfort caused by GERD.
Black pepper increases the bioavailability of curcumin, the active compound in turmeric.
Honey has been used since forever. It’s an excellent remedy for numerous ailments. Honey is rich in amino acids, enzymes, minerals and vitamins that enhance digestion, and relieve the burning caused by acid reflux.
Golden milk recipe
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1’’ ginger, sliced/1 tsp ginger powder
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp organic honey
Add the ingredients to a saucepan, but leave the honey aside. Heat up the mixture, and bring it to a boil. Turn the heat on low, and simmer for 5 minutes. Let it cool a bit, and stir in your honey. Make sure it’s not too hot, because heat destroys the good stuff in honey.
Stop using pills and give this drink a chance. It works, I promise!
Nature has the best for us, and it can help you every time you make a wrong move. Keep these ingredients on hand, and you can have your golden milk ready in 10 minutes.
Source: Power Of Positivity